The Premium journey badge is a sign that this journey has has achieved the highest level of accreditation by our team in our review of its customer experience.
Purbeck Breezer 50Bournemouth to Swanage via West Cliff, Westbourne, Sandbanks, Shell Bay, Studland
This fantastic bus route from Bournemouth to Swanage includes a ferry across Sandbanks and travels through Purbeck Hills, providing scenic views and leading to the charming steam railway.
£2 adult single fare until 31 October (£2.50 from 1 Nov)
6 places to visitView journey Attractions
1 hour 15 minutes
Bournemouth Rail StationHow to get here
The Isle of Purbeck isn’t actually an island – despite its name! It’s a peninsula, surrounded on three sides by water, but still attached to mainland. Apparently, the name emanated from the beaths between the coast and Wareham which led to the peninsula being cut off so effectively, it felt as it if it were an island.
There’s not many bus routes in the world that literally go on a ferry as part of their journey, but that’s what happens on this truly incredible service.
It’s a trip that makes its way from the eclectic, bright lights and seaside charm of Bournemouth with its ‘golden mile’ sandy beach, famous promenade, theatre and other entertainments, through to the luxurious and picturesque Sandbanks before mounting the Sandbanks Ferry across to rustic Studland. Then, the bus weaves its way around the edge of the beautiful Purbeck Hills and awesome views across Swanage Bay before nestling at Swanage Station, home of the charming steam railway – 9.5 miles of beauty and nostalgia through the Isle of Purbeck to Corfe Castle and Norden.
A Fab Day Out!
Experience an exciting day-out on the Purbeck Breezer:
- Start with a stroll along the beach or a coffee at an upmarket café
- Enjoy crazy golf or table tennis at Winter Gardens
- Take a leisurely ride past grand homes in Sandbank before the ferry ride
- Get off at Studland to explore the famous, long sandy beach and designated trails
- Try a two-hour taster session of sea kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding
- Maybe step back in time on the Swanage Railway, taking a steam train or browse the charming station and gift shop
- Combine a steam train trip to Corfe Castle with a relaxing ‘Sea Train’ cruise
- Take the Breezer 40 service from Swanage to visit Corfe Castle and Poole
Don’t miss the chance to see the stunning scenery and attractions of Purbeck Breezer!