The Premium journey badge is a sign that this journey has has achieved the highest level of accreditation by our team in our review of its customer experience.
Beach Breezer 70/80Rockley Park, Poole Quay, Poole, Alum Chine, Bournemouth and Hengistbury Head
Experience the natural beauty of Bournemouth's coastal town on the Breezer 70, travelling through lush greenery, bustling streets, and picturesque beaches.
Unlimited travel £4.80 adult, £3.20 child and £13.00 group
5 places to visitView journey Attractions
5 services daily
East Cliff, Cottonwood HotelHow to get here
Alum Chine was once a smugglers' cove, and it is said that hidden caves and tunnels still exist beneath the cliffs.
It’s a feast for your eyes! The Breezer 70 is a scenic bus route that runs from East Cliff in Bournemouth to Alum Chine, offering a diverse range of attractions to explore.
- The journey begins at the charming Victorian building of East Cliff Cottonwood Hotel and takes customers through West Hill Road, showcasing stunning views of lush greenery and pretty houses.
- The route includes a stop at Westbourne Alumhurst Road, a lively street full of shops, cafes, and restaurants, where customers can disembark and explore the area on foot.
- As the bus approaches its final destination of Alum Chine, the scenery becomes even more breathtaking, with trees, hedgerows, and pretty parks against the backdrop of the sparkling blue sea.
- At Alum Chine, a stunning beach with golden sand and turquoise waters awaits, straddled by a picturesque promenade lined with cafes, ice cream parlours, and souvenir shops.
- Customers can see the famous Alum Chine suspension bridge, which spans the gorge and connects the beach to the nearby chine, making this beautiful spot perfect for a leisurely stroll, a picnic, or even a dip in the sea.
A Fab Day Out!
- Starting at the East Cliff Cottonwood Hotel, explore the East Cliff beach and the beautiful promenade that runs along the coast.
- Hop off at the bustling Bournemouth Square to explore charming boutiques and department stores, or enjoy events like live music performances and markets.
- Stroll through the Winter Gardens, a Grade II listed building with a rich history, or try out the seasonal ice rink in the winter months.
- Enjoy a game of crazy golf at the Lower Gardens, or explore the beautiful flower displays, fountains, and tranquil river.
- Pass through the leafy West Hill Road, which is lined with beautiful houses and gardens, and enjoy a leisurely stroll through the area.
- Shops, eateries, independent boutiques and high street chains abound as you stop at Westbourne Alumhurst Road.
- Arrive at the picturesque Alum Chine and explore the beautiful beach, surrounding parks, and gardens.
- Walk across the Alum Chine Suspension Bridge to explore the nearby chine, a wooded ravine that is home to a variety of wildlife.
How to get here...
By megabus from the North, Midlands to London Heathrow and onto PooleVisit megabus site
The bus is best picked up in Poole, which is accessible by South Western Railway from London, Surrey, Hampshire and other parts of Dorset. Alternatively, More Bus, which is part of Go South Coast, run many services in and around the area, including from Bournemouth.Visit National Rail